So, last Monday (exactly a week ago today), I took Silas into the doctor's. He had a fever off and on that weekend, and Sunday night it was getting higher. They told me they figured it was just a cold. I wasn't sure, as he has had what seemed to be a cold before, but I went with it. I worked Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I'm not sure how feverish he was during the days, but at night sometimes he had a temp, and sometimes not. When this continued Friday morning, we went in yet again. They told me they were going to start him on antibiotics because it had turned into a sinus infection. The poor guy lost a bit of weight during the week too, and he was really struggling to nurse. :( He is still really snotty and mucousy. We've been using his humidifier when he sleeps in his room (night time and nap). He has been doing really well since we started that on Thursday. It seems to help clear him out a bit and help him breath.
So we get to today. He's acting like he's ready for a nap, so I decide to fill up his humidifier! Ben usually does this, but I think, "how hard can it be." I quickly realize it's not difficult at all. I fill it full, and then start walking back to Silas' room. I take 2 steps, and BOOM, I drop it. There lays his humidifier SHATTERED into more pieces than I can count all over the kitchen floor. Not to mention the HUGE amount of water that I can't seem to find enough towels for. Silas is laying on a blanket in the living room and begins to scream! I can't walk through the water and tiny pieces of humidifier to get to him, so I start cleaning while he screams! Then, I realize he's gonna be all crusty nosed while napping today! POOR LITTLE GUY!!
It's okay though! Just another reason to vote for me as Mother Of The Year! :) hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment