Silas often (nearly always), takes his daytime naps swaddled in his swaddle wrap, and laying in his swing. I have never used the swing's harness, as it is a HUGE pain to do so when he's swaddled. He really only sleeps if he's swaddled, so I have made that the priority.
A few months ago, Silas had scooted himself so his legs were dangling off the swing. But today, well, I think we'll have to start having him nap in his crib. I laid him down as usual. Turned on the white noise button on his swing, and went out to the kitchen to make lunch. I had the monitor with me, and not more than 5 minutes later, I hear a lullaby song playing through the monitor. At first, I'm a bit freaked out. The CD player has been moved to the living room. Where in the world is the music coming from? Upon listening a half second longer, I realize it's one of the lullaby's the swing plays. STRANGE, I know I set it to the white noise.
I tip toe into the nursery, trying to avoid all areas of the wood floor in the hallway that make ANY noise. When I peek through in the door, Silas is all wrapped up, eyes HUGE, laying on the floor in front of his swing! His head had hit the button to change the sound. Yep, he had scooted himself entirely out of the swing in less than 5 minutes. THANKFULLY, it's a travel swing that sits REALLY low! It took all I had not to laugh out loud, but I really needed him to take a nap. So, I walked over to him, picked him up and laid him back in the swing, hoping it was just a fluke. I get his white noise back on, etc and head back to making my lunch. I'm not in the kitchen 30 seconds and I hear the lullaby again, followed quickly by the chirping of crickets. I tip toe back in, and this time I laugh out loud. He is again, on the floor, lifting his head to look around, and when he lays it back down, it's changing the noise on the swing! hahaha!!
He is SOOO stinking cute! But, needless to say, nap time didn't go exceptionally well today!
how cute!
ReplyDelete