L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore can
Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please dont break it
LOVE WAS MADE FOR ME AND YOU!
This song was played at a dear friend's wedding this weekend, as it is at many. The difference is, it was played mere hours after Ben and I had an in depth conversation about our relationship. I just don't understand how after more than 3 years of marriage, things can become so much clearer after just a few hours of discussing things. I just don't understand how my love for that man, can grow deeper and deeper with a fraction of a day. I thought when I got married that I couldn't love Ben any more than I did the moment we exchanged vows and were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Reed. I thought that if I could hold on to THAT amount of love forever, I'd be living a fantasy. The truth is, it would have been more than enough to make me a happy woman, but God continues to bless us! Love is an AMAZING thing! It just keeps getting better and better! Our love just keeps growing deeper and deeper.
I remember a time, years before meeting Ben, when I asked a happily married woman, "How do you know when it's really TRUE love. How do you know when you've found 'THE ONE?'" Her response was, "You just know." I hated that answer. "How do you KNOW?" I asked, trying to get something more. She replied, "You just do, and if you don't feel that, he's not the right one." I was still upset with the answer. Now, I have a few friends who have asked me the same question. And that woman, years ago, was right. There are no other words to explain it. So what choice do I have but to answer the same way she did? "You just know". To which I get the same glares that I gave her!
Some people believe that love is nothing more than two people, in the same place, at the same time, who are ready to make the commitment to stay together forever. A mere two people, whose lives cross when they are both ready to settle down. I for one, don't believe that all. When I met Ben I had been on MANY blind dates that friends hooked me up with. I was SERIOUSLY searching for a man to settle down with. I was ready to take the plunge, but I was NOT ready to settle for just anything. I had strict guidelines for my friends to follow when picking a man for me to go on a blind date with. And even then, not a one of them ever got a second date. I was ready to settle (in the sense of getting married, etc.), but was NEVER going to settle (take vows with just anyone).
Love, to me, is much more than two people's lives intersecting. It was not until a night when I had NO intentions of meeting ANYONE, that I found the love of my life. Love is, pure, and simply, a gift from God. Only God could have made our lives come together in the way that they did. Only HE could have given me the feeling of, "You just know." Only God could have blessed mine and Ben's conversation the other night in such a way that we fell even more in love. Only HE can tell what lies ahead for us and how much deeper our relationship will get. I am truly blessed to have Ben in my life. I thank God for him regularly! Sometimes, I feel like the luckiest woman alive. Sometimes, I imagine that God made that wonderful gift of love specifically with Ben and I in mind! Like love truly WAS made for me and him!
No comments:
Post a Comment