It's June 23rd. The day that my parents took the big plunge 37 years ago. The day that my mother walked down the aisle with my grandfather. The day that my dad took my mom's hand in marriage, and in life. The day they said "Til death do us part."
Well, they kept their vows! And while the 32 years they had together dooesn't compare to the length of time some spend together, it was a good run! It was the best of runs even. Yes, maybe I'm a little partial, since I'm one of the many outcomes of those 2 people falling in love, but I still think it was an amazing 11,710 days (give or take a few for leap years). YEP, 11,710 days with the same person. WOW!! Ben and I are not even to 10% of that yet! :)
And all this, got me thinking. About how my parents always seemed so perfect together. How they were each other's yin and yang, mac and cheese, peanutbutter and jelly, etc. Yep, they were a perfect match. Growing up I never really saw them as 2 individual people. I never understood that they could have been TRULY apart from one another. They were just mom and dad. Two peas in a pod. You couldn't have one without the other. It just didn't make sense. It COULDN'T exist! And now, I can only hope that Ben and I will have that too. That those who have, and will, meet us after our marriage, will only see us as a unison. For Ben, well, he completes me, and mom, well, her and dad were the perfect match too!
So today, I just want to say, I miss you mom, and I miss the part of dad that complimented you so perfectly that it was taken away from us when you went to meet our Lord. That just goes to show me that you really DID hold dad's heart, and you truly DO take a peace of your loved ones with you WHEREVER you go!
May the love you and Dad shared here on earth continue for eternity, and may Ben and I just have a little fragment of it to share in our marriage too!
LOVE YOU BOTH!!
No comments:
Post a Comment