Thursday, August 6, 2009

BACK TO SCHOOL

You know, I should be excited that it's August. I mean usually I still have ALMOST a month left of summer when we finally make it to this heat-filled month. That's a month of swimming, boating, yard games, etc. BUT...I'm not excited at all. I have just ONE week left of break. Just ONE!!! Why is school starting on the 18th? I just can't wrap my head around it. Why does it seem like it starts earlier and earlier every year? PLUS, the weather hasn't even been all that wonderful. Swimming can't take place on a daily basis because there are so many days between nice weather that the pool water becomes too cold to get in (well, for some people anyway...and if it's too cold for them, then I don't get to swim either!)

BUT, I did meet with a friend from grade school yesterday, and we did decide that I will take over her 10 week maternity leave. So from mid-September to December 1 I have a job lined up. While I like having different jobs everyday, sometimes the same job is great too, so only time will tell for sure. At least I don't have to be to work SUPER early at her school, AND, it's not TOO far from where I live. She has a BD (behavior disorder) room in a portable away from all the drama (which is a HUGE plus for me!), a flexible principal (which is both good and bad so we'll see), a para who I've worked with when I've subbed a few days there before, and 5 kiddos. Yep, just five. I know what you're thinking, but they'll keep me busy. One of them, 2 years ago, hit me repeatedly in the stomach. The other 4 I have not met yet. So now you're wondering why I'd go back to a kid so violent? Well, I can't let a little thing like that keep me away! Plus, she says he's grown up and matured a lot since then. It should be a fun group!

Until then though, we'll have to see. I guess I'll start looking for jobs next week. Hopefully I can pick up some as early as the first day of school (hey, it's worked for me the last 2 years), and hopefully I can work at least 8 out of the 10 days in August (which might be stretching it because it's really a pain for teachers to have to take off that early in the year, before schedules are made or anything, but we'll see!)

Well, that's about all I have. Except Benjamin just called and asked me if I've ever hear of the Cat TV Channel. "The what?" I asked knowing I could not have heard him correctly. BUT, I did. There is indeed a channel on TV for your cat. It has birds and other such stuff to keep your cat entertained while you're away or out of the area of the house they are in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! A customer of his has it! WOW!! The crap people do for a PET! The crap they air on TV! What has this world come to!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment