TO GET THE FULL VALUE OF JOY, YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE TO DIVIDE IT WITH ----MARK TWAIN----
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
The Good Ol' Slow Economy
Last week, Ben went to work on Monday and Tuesday, and informed me he would be off work the rest of the week. I was at the pool with some friends when he informed me of this and when I asked him why, he said he didn't want to talk about it. I got a bit freaked out, but tried to tell myself he just wanted me to come home to talk about it. I couldn't have been more RIGHT. Work has been slow and he volunteered to take the rest of the week off. They haven't had enough work for all the guys, so half of them took Wednesday-Friday off. Ben said he volunteered because when that happens again, the other guys will have to take the week off and will probably end up with a FULL week off instead of just half of a week. As it was, Ben got about a half days pay on Wednesday too with all the phone calls. AND...he was right. This week Ben's working all week, and the other half of the guys are off...ALL WEEK. We are doing just fine financially speaking, so I'm not concerned with that just yet. But if work doesn't pick up sometime soon, it could put a damper in our finances. He needs to work at least 3 weeks out of the month to pay the bills! I've been sending my prayers up! People should need electrical work done no matter how bad the economy gets. RIGHT!?! hahaha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment